Monday, September 8, 2008

Today I (in non-chronological order):

  • Tried to request an absentee ballot but all the library computers were taken so I couldn't print the form out
  • Read a bit out of my textbooks
  • Learned (and forgot) how to count to ten in Chinese. It's so hard when I can't pronounce anything in my notes the way it's written. And we haven't even gotten to characters yet. Good thing Mandarin is my roommate's first language.
  • Met an old lady in the supermarket who (using only smiles, nods, and the thumbs-up gesture) informed me that the oatmeal with the red lid is better than the blue
  • Was forced to use a knife and fork to cut my chicken into smaller pieces. I should just avoid the Western dishes, but it's so fun to see the Hong Kong version of it. For instance: "Baked chicken steak with peaches and rice." Also with tomatoes and peas.
  • Learned--just this very instant--that someone's having a birthday. A bunch of people started clapping and singing "Happy Birthday." And now they're talking and laughing. Oh dear. I wonder if I'll sleep.
  • Sorted through my 434 pictures from yesterday. I've narrowed them down to 384.

No comments: