Thursday, September 18, 2008

More survival Cantonese

Having successfully remembered the Cantonese for "tired," I convince my friend to teach me more. Namely: "foil," "epee," and "fencing." And in the remaining practice time I heard those words over and over! It was more exciting than this afternoon when I understood half of a sign taped to a wall. Fire something person something.

Other news:
  • I picked up my Personalized Student Octopus, which I should have done yesterday but forgot. Hopefully the savings will make up for the ID photos I needed to buy for it--I couldn't just buy one. What am I going to do with seven unsmiling photos of myself?! Maybe I'll tape them up all in a row and then people will ask, "Why did you do that?" and then I'll say, "What would you do with seven unsmiling photos of yourself?" And they'd give an answer and I'd do that.
  • I now have a Park 'N' Shop card and three little keychain mini-cards for my non-existent keychains. Yay discounts!
  • Tomorrow is Friday! Whee! But also: Gasp! Why is time flying by so fast?

No comments: