Friday, September 5, 2008

Lychee Flavoured Drink: A Coca-Cola System Product

Today I found a non-broken vending machine and tried the mysterious fruit juice.















Lychee

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Lychee (Litchi chinensis), also spelled Litchi (the U.S. FDA spelling) or Laichi and Lichu, Chinese: 荔枝, Hanyu Pinyin: Lìzhī, is the sole member of the genus Litchi in the soapberry family Sapindaceae. It is a tropical fruit tree native to southern China.

Delicious.

Since it didn't come with a straw, only a little bit of glue where a straw might once have been, I drank it rather awkwardly. Until a friend came along and suggested using a straw from the canteen.

I also solved the mystery of the scrolling numbers in the canteen! I thought they were some sort of important phone numbers (for a hunger emergency) or...really I had no idea. Answer: Ticket numbers for the people waiting on meals. I know, I know, you already figured that out.

Anyway, I really loved lunch today. A friend and I ate with the OMIP buddies who we'd toured Fu Tai and the Town Centre with. They're so awesome :) We talked about Thanksgiving and turkeys and how a pin will not pop the Macy's parade balloons. I learned why everyone loves Little Tiger (he's old, he's fat, he's cuddly, he's figured out the lift, he visits classrooms, he sleeps on the copier) and that Chinese ghosts are scarier than American ones, but Japanese ghosts are worst of all. And more randomly hilarious information along those lines.

We've been instructed to bake them cookies, but without an oven at our disposal, my friend and I will probably make those peanut butter chocolate oats concoctions. Not that there's anything wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. Or oats, for that matter.

Oh! And I have an adventure planned for tomorrow!

No comments: